Swap — If You Can't Handle the Heat — Sin Bin

Tuesday 14 October 2014

Author Interview with Meg Amor @amor_meg #erotica #romance #troika


Please welcome fellow MuseItUp author, Meg Amor

Aloha, Meg and thanks for submitting to what I like to call an author interview. So let's get down to it. Here we go:


 What was your favourite book as a child/teenager?

Oooh, tough question. I don’t know. There were so many to choose from. I loved the Enid Blyton Famous Five and then Nancy Drew series.

Who was the first author or what was the first book you read that introduced you to the genre that you most enjoy writing in?

Actually, no one. I wrote the books first then went back and read other authors. I was missing things in what I was reading. I didn’t realise at the time what a selection was out there. I suppose the first person I really read with the poly and male/male relationships was one of my favourite authors and also my writing buddy, Michele ‘Mikey’ Rakes.


Have you always been a writer, even from your earliest recollection? Has being published always been one of your goals? And if not, what made you take that leap to submit your work to potential publishers?

Yes, I’ve always written, but probably didn’t put it into a clear form until I was much older. I ‘published’ my first book when was 11, called This is my Life. LOL. It was about my parent’s separation and subsequent getting back together. I had no sense at all growing up what I wanted to be. I never hankered over anything anyone else did. By the time I was a teenager, I wanted to be a flight attendant. Mum thought I should have been a journalist, but I grew up in a household that didn’t do media, so the whole thing didn’t translate across. LOL. Also, I could think of nothing worse than doing ‘the News.’ Or intruding on someone’s grief or pain etc.


Is there a particular word you overuse or writing technique that your editor(s) ride you about?

LOL. I have a list of 130 words I overuse. I have to go through every MS before I submit it and knock them out. LOL. And I have to keep my swear words down and ‘blaspheme’ words because I write for an American market. New Zealanders culturally swear as part of their speech. And words like Christ or Jesus are just everyday exclamation words. They have no real religious connection for NZers.

Have you ever suffered from writer’s block? (Or do you even believe in it?) If so, how were you able to overcome it?

I’ve had patches of not feeling like writing, but that’s not really block. I know when I’m blocked, I usually have the story going in the wrong direction or something else is off. It’s boring or the storyline doesn’t work. Or I’m trying to make the characters do something they don’t want to do. If I let my guys run and do their own thing, it works out much better for everyone concerned.


If you could bring one of your own characters to life, who would it be and why?

Charlie. He’s my ideal man in many ways. Actually Henry and Charlie. I’d like to combine them into one man, for the same reasons. They encompass everything I want in a man. Highly emotionally intelligent, can talk, communicate, have intelligent discussions, sexy, sensuous, kind, gentle, funny, fun, loving, caring, big hearts…the list goes on.

What are you reading right now?

My own books because I’m editing. LOL. But I read a mix of things. I just finished the latest Colin Cotterill set in Thailand. Gorgeously funny. I’ve also become a really keen male/male romance fan lately. I like to wind down at the end of my night with reading. So, I’ve been downloading samples from Amazon and now have a pile of books I want to buy when I get some doleroes. I also just finish the extremely beautiful Older Man Younger Man by Joseph Dizpensa. What a heartfelt true love story. That one really touched my heart enormously.   

When you read, do you prefer a stand-alone or a series?

I’ll read anything, as long as the characters and setting grabs me. But a series is great, because if you liked the characters, you get to see them again.

What would you like to be remembered for?

Doing my own thing. Not marching to the sound of anyone else’s drum.

Do you believe in love at first sight? And if so have you ever been so afflicted? Did you do anything about it? (Did you go for it?)

Yes I do believe in love at first sight. I’ve been struck a few times with it. I always go for it.  I’ve had relationships with all of them. I think when you fall in love with someone on first sight, it’s because you’ve known them before from another lifetime. And it’s a bit of a bugger, when on a soul level, you know and love them, but on a present day human level, they don’t really work for you. Those soul connection relationships are the toughest. But I love the connection. That feeling of coming home to someone you know and who knows you in the ways that count. The real ways.
          
I like your take on this, Meg, that love at first sight happens because we've known the person before. I don't want to believe in reincarnation, because honestly, I don't wish to keep doing this over and over again. I'm tired and of a lot of life is not fun. But things keep happening, that make it seem not only plausible but also unavoidable. I have heard that in our live(s), the people who are around us, are always around us, but may take on different relationships to us within a lifetime. I so love the way you put it, that we are still drawn to these people but things are just not meant to work for us in this configuration. Unfortunately some of these soul connections can be downright painful, as you say, the toughest. It really makes sense. Thanks for the insight. You've really made me think and look at things a little differently.

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

If I was braver, France. I love it. I love the way of life, the people, the attitudes. It appeals to the Bohemian intellectual part of me.  

If you were to do a reality show, which one would it be?

None. I can’t stand the reality shows other than say, The Amazing Race, but I’d never keep up. I could stand on the mat and be Phil’s New Zealand welcome person, but that might be my limit. LOL. He and I come from towns close together in the South Island of New Zealand.

What is the craziest, most exciting, or most dangerous thing you’ve ever done?

God… I don’t know where to start with a question like this. They’re all so different. Craziest – the mad relationship I had with my airline pilot Kimo years ago. Most exciting – learning to fly a plane. Most dangerous – it wasn’t really dangerous, but highly exhilarating and slightly mind altering. Doing a fire walk with Stuart Wilde. 


Name a celebrity, athlete, musician, etc. you’d most like to get naughty with.

Morgan Freeman. He’s such a unusual and highly interesting man. Not to mention, incredible sensuous and sexy. He’s warm, vital, has a mix of male and female energy, but is strong in his opinions. He has young energy and an open mind. I think he’s fabulous.


What is your favourite way to promote or connect with fans?

I don’t know… I was on Twitter a lot but I think fb is more satisfying because you get to really have a decent chat with people and not in 140 characters. LOL.

The Quickies!

Favourite movie?

Top Gun. I have probably seen it a hundred times and that might be underestimating it. LOL.
  
Dream Vacation?

So many to choose from. South of France in the Luberon. Going home to Hawai’i. Bora Bora in Tahiti.


Dream Car?

I’d like another Beemer. This time a white 650-5 series, 4 door in the longer wheel base.


Favourite Ice Cream Flavour?

Ginger. We get that at home on the island. My American home state is Hawai’i. Kona, Big Island.

What can readers look forward to next?

I have a couple of things coming up. At Christmas I have my new m/f romance coming out called Saint Nicholas. A lonely New Zealand widow Daisy falls for Greek store owner Nicky Constantine, but it’s not just this lifetime they’ve loved each other.


Then in spring next year I have the first of my Troika love series trilogy being released, also with Muse It Up Publishing. Henry and Isolde is a deeply sensual, soul connected love story. Henry, an older black musician feeling he’s near the end of his days is surprised when his younger, richer, white New Zealander boss Izzy seduces him in the secret garden he built for her. Their love affair takes his life from fifty shades of beige to a rainbow of color, light and action, but most of all, feelings, he’s allowed to have. 


And finally. I have one new baby that I hope will be released in spring as well. Hawaiian Lei is a heartfelt soul connected, sensual love story. Two stunning Polynesian men, each experiencing existential crisis, meet and fall in love. They find healing against the beautiful backdrop of the mystical Hawaiian Islands.



BIO

Meg Amor ~ is the author of several sultry erotic romance stories about soul deep relationships published with Muse It Up Publishing.  Visit her website www.troikaromance.com for upcoming books and Meg’s musings. 

Meg spent a lifetime as a therapist collecting fascinating unusual love stories. She loves to write about committed poly relationships and other romance mixes across the sexes.

A New Zealander who lives temporarily in California with her Ginger Ninjas cats, the American fur children, Leo Ray Jr. and Mr. Beaumont. Her heart and soul are split between the sultry Big Island of Hawai’i and New Orleans. You’ll find her in one of these places, soaking up the atmosphere. Aloha!



BUY LINK: AMAZON 
DARK WAR


Thanks for being my guest today, Meg. 
Aloha.

3 comments:

  1. Aloha H K!

    Thanks so much for the great interview. Very fun. I enjoyed it. And you made it look great. Thanks!! :-) Aloha Meg ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview, Meggers! Thanks for the shout out, gurl.

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete