Swap — If You Can't Handle the Heat — Sin Bin

Saturday 2 May 2015

#MySexySaturday Sacrifices #AlwaysCambridge 4 #RomanticSuspense

Welcome to the 90th week of My Sexy Saturday

This week’s theme is Sexy Me Down and this is like doubling down in gambling. We’re sure you wonder what we mean but just look up what the term double down means…to double or significantly increase a risk, investment or other commitment. Hmmm…now think about lovers who are committing their all but not quite sure the other is committing the same amount. 

What immediately comes to mind for us is bounty hunters, mercenaries, archaeologists or others where the stakes are high. These are the adventurers like in Romancing the Stone who find that once the adventure is done, they still want to be together.
 
These are those exciting books that you as a reader just can’t put down and you as an author love writing. 

I seem to be on an Always Cambridge kick, but the last several week's of prompts works for the AC Series. Here's another snip from Law & Order Crime & Chaos, Book Four in the AC Saga. Holly and Randy discuss Witness Protection.

“Are you going to run with me? Are you prepared to live like this? I’ll tell you now, up front. If danger threatens you because of me, I will run. To keep you alive. I would rather live without you, on the run and alone, than to know you died because of me. I couldn’t bear it.”

“And do you think I could bear what you did to me? You gave me no choice. Do you know what I’ve been through since you left? I am here to protect you. It is my purpose. And you were out there. Alone. In the big bad world. Tiny little eighteen-year-old Holly. Forget the Mayhues—do you know what can happen to a girl alone? Do you know how many nights I woke up in a cold sweat, sure I had just witnessed your death in my nightmare?”


Forget the Mayhues? Ha! “I am more than aware of what happens to young girls on their own. I am no longer poor pathetic eighteen-year-old Holly. My eyes are wide open. And you don’t know what I’ve been through. The hardest thing I have ever done was leave. But I would do it again. I will do it again, if I have to.”


He shook his head as if he thought I was not getting his point. I got it. Just as he got mine, but it changed nothing. He ran his hand through his hair, a telltale sign his frustration level was mounting. “Would you die for me, Holly?” He practically yelled at me. His mouth was tight and his nostrils flared


* * * *
“Yes.” She didn’t even hesitate.

“Then why do you find it so hard to believe that I would do the same for you?”


“That was different,” she stated, and looked away from me.


“Why is it different? Because you love me more? Is that what you think? This is not some fuckin’ contest that we can measure who loves who more by the sacrifices we’ve made for each other.”


“I don’t want you to die because of me! I have never asked that of you. It is not something one person should ask of another. He paid you to keep me safe, Randy. He paid you to die for me.”


Hope you enjoyed this snippet from the fourth book in the Always Cambridge Series, Law & Order : Crime & Chaos.


 Follow the saga from the beginning... Always Cambridge 
The Cambridge series should be read in sequence.
 
Check out the linky list below for all the MSS participants.
Have a Sexy Saturday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment