Swap — If You Can't Handle the Heat — Sin Bin

Sunday 24 May 2015

#WeekendReads His Marriage Demand @fionaainamurphy #99cents #eroticromance

Looking for a hot weekend read? 
His Marriage Demand
by Fiona Murphy


For two years, Ria has longed to touch the fire in Drake Hawthorne’s eyes, but she doesn’t dare. The hotel where she works has a strict hands-off-patrons policy and if it’s found out she’s even lingered too long in his room, she’ll lose the job she’s worked so hard for. Maybe if she were more reckless and willing to step out on a ledge she would, but she isn’t and she can’t. Because it isn’t just Ria’s welfare at stake, but her little brother’s, and she’s not able to put his happiness on the line for her own. So, she’ll keep hiding behind the meaningless wedding ring and fake husband that she knows is the only thing that has kept Drake from pushing her for more. She’s seen enough rich and powerful men like Drake Hawthorne to know they didn’t care about the havoc they left behind only for the moment where they got what they wanted. Ria needs more than a moment, she wants and needs forever.

When Drake finds out there isn’t a husband, he demands marriage, and Ria opens her mouth to say yes, until he warns her about the ending. Marriage shouldn’t come with a time limit and Ria refuses to give in. Just when it looks like forever is promised, will a threat from her past cost her the future that’s within reach with Drake?
 
                           Check out the fantastic 5 Star Reviews on Amazon

Exerpt:
 
The box is slammed down on the entry table. It’s open and I fight back
the sob welling up at it.

I close my eyes but the sight of the huge ring is embedded into my
retinas. My back hits the door and he’s so close I can feel him.

His breath is against my ear in the moment before he speaks. I shiver
at his heat, “Put the damned ring on and put the both of us out of
this misery. I have the jet on standby. We can be in Vegas, married
and back by the time you have to be home to get Justin off for school.
You can be moved into my home, our home, by this time tomorrow night.
You’ll be where you’ve belonged for so damned long. Enough hiding, no
more endless nights of longing, put the damned ring on.

I can’t leave the project I’m on right now and I know you won’t want
to leave Justin alone. We’ll do a honeymoon once school is out.”

Damn the needy moan escaping me as his mouth finds my ear and his
tongue slides over my skin. A nip at the soft skin of my ear and I
jump as he kisses me down the side of my neck. I’m not surprised he’s
so good at knowing just where to linger. I push the words out,
desperate to stop him while I can still think. “Why bother to propose
a marriage with a time limit on it?”

I’ve finally got his attention and he’s surprised. Pulling back, he
looks down at me in confusion. “What the hell are you talking about, a
time limit?”

“You said I had to sign a prenup for when it was over. I get the
prenup, but you said it like you didn’t expect it to last. So, how
long do you expect what you’re offering to last? Two months, two
years, how long?”

“Jesus fucking Christ, that’s what has you saying no? Ria, I’m not
putting a time limit on the marriage. You’re still young, only twenty
six and I’m not expecting you to go the distance. I don’t want
children. Justin is already here, I understand your loyalty and love
for him. I’ll do my best to make sure he’s cared for and knows he’s an
important part of both of our lives. You might not want them now but
you’ll probably eventually want children. That will be when our time
ends. It will be up to you, I’ll keep you as long as you want to
stay.”

Anger flares hot and bright at his words. Angry tears well up, and I
push him away, he’s too close. Once again, he’s saying I can have him,
but not really; because yes, one day I want kids of my own. Only they
won’t be his, the way I want them to be. “You know everything, don’t
you? The Dragon of Chicago, cold-blooded, brilliant, demanding,
arrogant and no one says no to you, ever. Every fucking thing is
planned, plotted, and everyone is just supposed to fall in line. Well,
if you know everything, then you should know I’m going to say no,
again. I’m saying, no and I hope that ring is returnable.”

I turn and my hand is on the door. He moves fast, so fast my head is
spinning as he pushes me against the door and presses his body against
me. Heat flares everywhere, my skin is too tight and I crave something
I’ve never known before. His mouth is on my neck and he’s not gentle
this time, he’s leaving a mark. Drake’s hands are everywhere and I
melt, my legs won’t hold me up. He feels it, picks me up, and he’s
walking toward the bedroom of the suite.

Sanity hits me as he drops me on the bed, not gentle anymore. He’s
tearing off his shirt. Even as my body aches for the hard muscular
chest he’s revealing to press back into me, I’m shaking my head, words
are too hard to form. I’ve lost the blazer to the uniform somewhere
and half the buttons on my shirt are undone, without any memory of how
it happened. Nodding yes, he follows me down on the bed.

His Marriage Demand
Only .99¢ 

 Visit my blog for my other titles and excerpts:
http://fionamurphyeroticromance.blogspot.com/


Biography



Due to commitment issues I have lived in many different cities and my favorite is Chicago but I have managed to settle into Austin and perhaps my commitment issues are behind me. 

I have enjoyed reading from a very young age and it wasn't long before the children books bored me and I read the books my mother enjoyed Stephen King and Dean Koontz and I didn't sleep without the light on until I was about ten.
I came across my first Harlequin by accident and it was love at first read, no one died and happy endings? It was a whole new world and I loved it. 


I wrote my first story at eight and everyone died, of course. Since then I would like to think I've gotten better and now I'm writing the happily ever afters I first fell in love with, with some hot sex thrown in along the way. 


Find Fiona 
Twitter @fionaainamurphy

No comments:

Post a Comment