Swap — If You Can't Handle the Heat — Sin Bin

Saturday 23 July 2016

#MySexySaturday Sexy Crush - a snip from #romanticsuspense Always Cambridge

Welcome to the 151st week of My Sexy Saturday.

This week’s theme: My Sexy Crush

Readers, please visit us at our new Author Central where we’ll be sharing even more from our authors besides Saturday’s snippets. We’d love to have each and every one of you there as we’re starting new things this month with fun and prizes along the way.

This week's theme is perfect for the Always Cambridge series. Here's a snip from the first book in the series...

I’d always thought it was sweet that she had a crush on me. Yeah, I knew. You’d have to be blind not to see that. It gave me a giant ego boost. But I never encouraged it. I kept things professional. But in the last few weeks, I’d learned so much more about her. Gotten to really know her. It had become personal. I shouldn’t have let it, but it was impossible. She was an incredible person. She was innocent and sweet. Giving and forgiving. Young in some ways, but so mature in others. She was caught in this world not of her making, trying her damnedest to live a good life and be a good person. And what did it get her? Why were we sitting here like this? 

 I rested my forehead on her arm as I played with her fingers. “Holly,” I called for the hundredth time. The nurse said to talk to her, and physical stimulation might help too, to bring her out of the unconsciousness. I ran my fingertips softly up and down her arm.

“God! Holly! Please wake up!” I hadn’t prayed in…Well, I’m not sure if I’ve ever actually prayed for anything in my life. But I asked whoever was up there looking after beautiful souls like hers to please bring her back. She had so much to give, so much life to live. She was so incredibly smart and good. Would God not want her here doing the good things only she could do? Please send her back to me. I’ll change. I’ll try to be good. Like her. For her. Please. My eyes stung.  



Always Cambridge @ Amazon
The A/C Series @ eXtasy Publishing 



Hop on through the linky list below for this week's MSS participants. 


No comments:

Post a Comment